Friday, March 5, 2010

Steppin into Casa Esmeralda




Well this is a post I dont know how to begin to be perfectly honest... Ill start by saying that Buenos Aires is absolutely beautiful. The people are beautiful, the colors are brilliant, and the food is incredible and outstandingly cheap. Full steak meals w a bottle of wine and ensalda cost in the neighborhood of 40 pesos (US $10-12). The hostel im staying at, Casa Esmeralda, is god sent. One of the most quaint, safe, and relaxing places Ive ever been to in my entire life. A perfect mix of small partying and laid back atmosphere. Its filled largely with Europeans and Ive been sharing my room with three girls from France, two traveling together and one traveling solomente. My first night here I got dinner with two girls from Switzerland who will be traveling the next year, from south america to mexico, then a quick stop in san francisco, then on to hong kong (talk about doing some serious traveling...). Ive made some good friend here and actually have plans to change hostels on Saturday to experience San Telmo (as opposed to Palermo Hollywood, where La Casa is located) then move back here for the remainder of next week. There is only one girl in my hostel from the states, a parents dollar supported jewish girl from mass. named Alli. Very friendly girl whos done a significantly larger amount of traveling than myself. Palermo is a really nice place to have as a home base. Realtive to my one chaotic trip downtown in the two full days Ive been here I am extremely fortunate to have found Casa Esmeralda as it has provided me with a safe haven im not sure I could have found as quickly in other parts of the city. Ill move on to pictures for now, as i feel I could write for days about this hostel and area but it wouldnt do it full justice.



Mora the house dog

Casa garden, also place of siesta numero uno


Ticu, can jump 3-4 feet without a running start


Casa Annex where ive been staying, called Mi Bulin


feet

cheeky bastard amir, from iran

sidewalk outside casa esmeralda


mate nick, from cambridge uk (w me in background)


Casa garden part deux

street outside... more pictures to come

1 comment:

  1. Ahh!!! I can't contain my happiness for you!! Sooo happy you're there and loving it. Those pictures are amazing- everything looks more beautiful than the next. Please please keep blogging i love it!

    ReplyDelete